- Road and Highway Construction
- Road and Highway Rehabilitation – Foam Bitumen
- Technology and Cement / Hydrated Lime Stabilisation
- Asphalt Pavement Cold Milling and Profiling
- Supplying and Placement – High Specification Asphalt Surfaces
- General Contracting inclusive of Building and Infrastructure Works
- Construction of Specialised Reinforced Concrete
- Structures (Bridges, Culverts and Foundations)
- Design-Build Contracting for Building and Infrastructure Works
- Refurbishment and Renovation – Building and Infrastructure Works
- Plant and Equipment Rental
- Project and Construction Management Services
SOUTH OPERATIONS – LINTEC ASPHALT MIXING PLANT
Containerized Asphalt Mixing Plant with conventional vibrating screen technology and a capacity of 400 t/h.
We continually seek to put all mechanisms in place to ensure that our carbon footprint is kept at the very minimum.
We continuously upgrade our Plants and Equipment to eco-friendly systems.
The Asphalt plant utilizes washed sand and gravel, crushed rock and bitumen as raw materials with hot asphalt mix being the end product. The plant is a LINTEC CSM 4000 ASPHALT PLANT equipped with the most modern technology to control all potential emissions. The baghouse is designed for a dust emission rate of less than 20mg/m3
The asphalt plants are batch-type plants which ensures consistency in the quality of every tonne of the asphalt produced. All materials are re-screened and weighed before entering into the pugmill. Even raw bitumen is weighed before injection into the pugmill.
This allows for adherence to the specifications
ASPHALT PRODUCTION and paving – MADRAS OPERATIONS:
The group incorporates blended Trinidad Lake asphalt in mixtures for high specification flexible pavement surfacing.
Sieunarine Coosal attended three World seminars on blended Trinidad Lake Asphalt. At the seminars, the manufacture, engineering properties and distinct advantage of using blended Trinidad Lake Asphalt was discussed.
Blended lake asphalt is a combination of 60/70 penetration bitumen, blended with naturally occurring pitch from Trinidad Pitch Lake is referred to as “blended Trinidad Lake Asphalt”.
The use of blended Trinidad Lake Asphalt has many defining advantages as detailed below, over any other asphalt produced globally. Most of the research to substantiate the claim was conducted by German engineers and their technology.
The advantages of using blended Trinidad Lake Asphalt are the following:
- Longevity of asphalt pavement
- Flexible pavement
- Water resistant
- Tolerance to extreme temperatures
- No shearing as a pavement on loadbearing as experienced with other types of asphalt.
Asphalt Production operation commenced at the Madras location, equipped with two Barber Green Asphalt plants with a combined capacity of more than two thousand five hundred (2,500) tonnes of asphalt per day, the plant, equipment, expertise and experience necessary utilize Blended Trinidad Lake Asphalt in mixtures for high specification surfacing is unique.
Blended Trinidad Lake Asphalt is world renowned. It may be challenged no substitute or similar product was ever documented for use as asphalt pavement. As a testament to its trusted use, many airports globally have used blended Trinidad Lake Asphalt in the construction of their landing strips.
Coosal’s was the first to use blended Lake Asphalt on Trinidad and Tobago roads and continue, to date, to be a major user and supplier of the product. On-site storage capacity exceeds fifty thousand imperial gallons of bitumen or Lake Asphalt binder.
All relative support services are on location.